The Winchcombe School Nursery class
At The Winchcombe School we have a Nursery class that takes children from the term after their 3rd birthday. This class is within our purpose built Foundation Stage area which also has two classes of Reception children.
We provide a safe, secure, enriching environment encompassing a varied mix of teacher led and child initiated learning throughout the day. Children are encouraged to develop their own interests through exploration, meeting challenges and learning together. Working in close partnership with parents, new experiences and opportunities are provided by the skilled Foundation Team.
We run morning sessions from 9am until 12 noon, and afternoon sessions from 12 noon until 3pm. The morning sessions are more suited to the older children in the cohort. We can, dependent upon availability, offer a mixture of morning and afternoon sessions. We have introduced the 30 hours extended childcare offer for parents who are both working and qualify for this benefit.
If parents who do not receive the 30 hours benefit wish to receive more than 15 hours, we can accommodate this but charge per 3 hour session - see details below.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Hannah Smith
- Contact Position
The Nursery Class does not have its own website or facebook page - please see the school website and facebook pages (links above) for more information.
Where to go
The Winchcombe School
- RG14 1LN
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £15.00 per session
- We charge for additional sessions on top of the 15 hours universal hours.
- Has Provision
- If a child is in receipt of Early Years Pupil premium, they are entitled to a free school meal if they are in for both sessions of the day. Our school cook can work with the parent to provide a special menu should their child have special dietary requirements.
- Immediate vacancies
- The number of vacancies varies dependent on the sessions that are required. We usually have more space available for the afternoon sessions. You are welcome to contact the school for a Notification of Interest form to put your child on the list for future entry points. We take children the term after they become 3, in September, January and April.
- Date updated
- Vacancy range(s)
Vacancy range(s) Places Start Age End Age 5 3 4
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Are you registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hour Partner Summary
- We work closely with Happy Kids who are on our site. Parents whose children attend childminders or other nursery settings can split their hours between both settings. Please discuss your requirements with the school office.
- Do you have a waiting list?
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 09.00 15.00 Tuesday 09.00 15.00 Wednesday 09.00 15.00 Thursday 09.00 15.00 Friday 09.00 15.00
- Offers pickups
- DBS check
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.