West Berkshire Equalities Guidance for Schools
Last updated: 12/12/2022
Guidance developed by West Berkshire Council to support schools in its area to meet their duties under current equality legislation. This document provides a general summary of existing legislation and statutory guidance. This document specifically aims to support schools in:
- Developing an awareness of the legal framework around equalities in England.
- Planning to ensure compliance with equalities legislation and to improve current provision.
- Establishing and improving an Equality Policy and Accessibility Plan.
- Understanding some points of good practice in anticipation of an Ofsted visit.
- Accessing further support, information and guidance.
If you have any questions about the guidance, please contact Jack Caine (SEND Strategy Officer).
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jack Caine
- Contact Position
- SEND Strategy Officer, West Berkshire Council
- Not applicable
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.