Whizz-Kidz provides work placements and work skills days for wheelchair users, aged 14-25, in a wide range of sectors and business departments that fit with the interests and aspirations of those young people, ALL FREE OF CHARGE!
We'll find and set up placements for you in an area you are interested in. Through Whizz-Kidz young people have completed work placements at: EY, Barclays, Tesco, Swiss RE, Lloyds of London, Jardine, to name a few!!! Alternatively, if you are interested in a specific placement we will do our best to find it!
What you gain from a Whizz-Kidz Work Placement:
- You will get work experience at a dynamic and interesting organisation.
- You will get opportunities to develop your CV.
- You will feel more confident to apply for jobs and attend interviews.
- You will develop transferable skills which will help you whilst you're in education and also with your career aspirations.
What we can do for you:
- We'll help to organise travel arrangements for you.
- We'll provide personal assistances, coordinate risk assessments and do access audits to make sure everything goes smoothly during your placement.
- The Work Placement length could vary from 3 - 10 days and you can either do that as a block or do one day a week over several weeks – whatever would work best for you! The timings would also be arranged to suit you and your availability.
Please be aware that our work placements and work skill days are only available to young people aged between 14-25 years and they must be a full or part time wheelchair user. Please note that as this is work experience it is unpaid and may not lead to paid work with that company.
Who to contact
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.