Education and Learning

Children and young people who have a special educational need and/or disability (SEND) may need some additional help in order to achieve their full potential. Children with SEND are generally supported with resources available to early years settings, schools and colleges. Some children with very severe and long term needs may require an Education, Health and Care Plan issued by the Local Authority (previously known as a Statement of Special Educational Needs).  Early Years settings, schools and further education colleges in the West Berkshire area have been asked to answer some questions about how they support children with SEND. Their answers are published here and are known as their Local Offer. You can also find information in this section about procedures for statutory Education, Health and Care assessments

Back to top of page