Winter Fuel payments - an annual payment to help with heating costs
You only need to claim once. After this, you should get it automatically each year, as long as your circumstances do not change.
- The payment is made directly into your bank account in November or December.
- Stay Warm this winter - advice from Independent Age
- How to claim - GOV.UK
- How much you will get and when you will be paid
COLD WEATHER PAYMENT - You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits. You’ll get a payment if the temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees celsius or below for 7 consecutive days. Tell your pension centre or Jobcentre Plus office if you go into hospital - this could affect your payment.
Who to contact
- Winter Fuel Payment Helpline on 03459 15 15 15
- Gov.UK - Winter Fuel Payment
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here