A guide to support in Higher Education for students with Education, Health and Care Plans

Last updated: 16/02/2022

Every year young people with Education, Health and Care Plans in West Berkshire decide to move onto University, or Higher Education study. The Local Authority has a responsibility to make young people aware through the Local Offer of educational support available to them in Higher Education. Although EHCPs do not apply to Higher Education study (i.e. Courses at Level 4 or above) there is still educational support available for young people.

To support our young people, and their families, looking to explore Higher Education we have produced a factsheet to help you. This has information about Higher Education, sources of support and other organisations as well as how you can use your EHCP and what happens to your EHCP. It also contains information about Health and Social Care support and where to go to find out more. We hope that the factsheet is useful and informative.

If you, or a young person you support, have any questions about University/Higher Education learning support or EHCPs and Higher Education, please feel to contact the SEND Team: Anna.Wickham-Smith@westberks.gov.uk (For Sixth Form students) or Lucy.Manners1@westberks.gov.uk (for Post 16 students not at a Sixth Form)

Who to contact

Contact Name
Lucy Manners
Contact Position
Assistant SEND Manager
01635 519713

Other Details

Quality checks

  • Not applicable

West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.

Back to top of page