Friends of the elderly - Financial grants and home support for over 60s living on low incomes
Last updated: 05/12/2022
If you live in England or Wales, are of state retirement age and are living on a low income, get in touch.
Call to check you are eligible.
Who are our grants for?
Friends of the Elderly provides small grants (normally up to £400) to older people who meet all of the following criteria::
- Resident in England and Wales
- Of/over state pension age
- Who are living on low incomes and with little savings
- Who do not fit the criteria for other funders
Who to contact
- 020 7730 8263
- Friends of the elderly
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
How to Apply
Applications on behalf of individuals are made by referring organisations working in local communities, such as Home Improvement Agencies, Tenancy Support Workers, Social Services, Citizens Advice or Age UK. The role of the referring organisation is to assist the application process, verifying the applicant’s circumstances and supporting the applicant with purchasing the item or service they need.
How to find a Referral Agent
Our grants for older people can only be accessed via a third-party Referral Agent who knows you in a professional support role or community capacity and submits the application on your behalf.
Examples of potential Referral Agents include someone from:
- Your local authority (housing officer, social worker, councillor)
- Your local health support services (care worker, support worker, health professional, social prescribers)
- Your housing association
- A charity or community organisation (community centre, support group, activity group)
- Advice providers (Citizen’s Advice, Age UK), debt advisors welfare benefits advisors)
- Cultural and religious centres (e.g. Churches, Mosques, Temples etc).
- A Doctor/GP surgery can be a referrer, but only if they are willing to submit the application and follow through on its outcome.
Private contractors, friends, family, neighbours, and other individuals cannot act as referral agents.
As of 1st December ALL REFERRAL AGENTS MUST read and follow the new guidance notes and application procedures. We have MADE THE PROCESS EASIER for you.
If you are applying via email, please ensure you use the new version of the application form – email us firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the new form.
- Related links
Friends of the Elderly Website
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.