Trust House Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre
Last updated: 08/11/2023
Trust House (formerly Trust House Reading) is a rape and sexual abuse support centre. We were set up in 2013 by The Survivors Trust with funding received from Ministry of Justice under the Coalition government’s commitment to open 15 new rape support centres. A national needs assessment exercise enabled The Survivors Trust to identify Berkshire as an area lacking in specialist support with a very high reported sexual violence crime rate.
Our services cover the whole Thames Valley area and we are the only dedicated rape and sexual abuse support centre in Berkshire. All of our services are free, confidential, non-judgmental and inclusive and are accessible to everyone.
Our services include:
- one-to-one adult counselling (short, medium and long-term counselling available)
- support groups, held in a safe and private environment where survivors are given the opportunity to listen to and support each other
- our listening service (the Trust House Reading helpline),
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) service - trained specialists who provide practical and emotional support and advice to adults who have been affected by rape and sexual abuse. The service is independent of any statutory authority and is provided free of cost.
We also offer specialist support for children and young people aged 4 to 20 years old who have been affected by rape, sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation.
- Children and Young People Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CHISVA) service – provides practical and emotional support for children, young people, parents and family members;
- one-to-one integrative counselling for young people;
- play therapy for children to express their thoughts and feelings through play;
- bespoke workshops in a safe and supportive space for children and young people to explore their thoughts and feelings and make sense of their life experiences.
Trust House offers a safe place for those affected by rape and sexual abuse. We seek to empower individuals to work through and beyond their experience of abuse.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Michelle Harris
- Contact Position
- Services Coordinator
Support Line 0118 958 4033
- Trust House website
Where to go
54, London Street
- RG1 4SQ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
To self-refer to any of our services please call our Helpline on 0118 958 4033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask to be referred by a professional that is already working with you.
You can complete an online referral form on our website: Referrals - Trust House
- Not applicable
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.