Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity supports seriously ill children and their families in the family home and local community. Families who have a child or young person up to the age of 18 with a life threatening or terminal condition (for example cancer, some neurological conditions, babies in neonatal intensive care) are eligible and referrals can come from any source.
We enable families to manage everyday life while caring for a sick child and to make the most of time together; providing expert, practical and emotional support via a Family Support Worker. Families have complete choice about the type of support they receive - wherever and whenever they need it.
Rainbow Trust’s support can include short breaks from caring, family activity days, drop-in groups, support with hospital visits, including transport to and from appointments, support for siblings and bereavement support. To find out more about the services available in your area, please contact Tomasz Czarnecki, tel 01895 448378.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Tomasz Czarnecki
- Contact Position
- Family Support Manager
- 01895 448378
- Rainbow Trust
Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker. Services are tailored to the individual needs of each family member, including the sick child, parents, siblings, grandparents and extended family. Support includes:
- Providing short breaks for the sick child and siblings, which may include drop-in groups, family days, trips out or fun activities at home
- Spending time with the ill child at hospital or home
- Accompanying and supporting parents and their child during clinic and hospital visits; providing transport to hospital
- Helping maintain normality in the home by working with and caring for siblings, to ensure usual activities are continued
- Siblings may be supported through one-to-one sessions, help getting to school or with homework, regular sibling groups and school holiday events and activities
- Providing practical support with household chores to help families manage day to day life
- Providing emotional support
- Providing end-of-life care and bereavement support
Where to go
- Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
Rainbow Trust Childrens Charity, Unit 2, 7
- UB7 7PL
This address is administrative only.
Support is provided in family homes and in the community, with drop-in groups at various times and venues. Please contact Tomasz Czarnecki for more details.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Support is generally available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm
frequency and duration depending on family choice and needs. Rainbow Trust operates a 24-hour service for families in crisis
which includes a 24-hour dedicated on call number
and the possibility of extended hours of family support during weekdays and weekends.
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
Please simply phone, email or write to us if you or someone you know would like support. Anyone can refer themselves or be referred (by a family member, friend, health, education or social care professional) provided consent from the family has been given.
Following a referral, a Family Support Manager makes an assessment visit to discuss the family's needs, eligibility and provide information. A Family Support Worker will then visit the family to offer the agreed support.
At times of crisis, we can arrange for support to be introduced to a family within 24 hours. An assessment visit is otherwise normally arranged within two weeks of a referral, depending on family circumstances.
- Local Offer Age Bands
0 to 1
1 to 4
5 to 7
7 to 11
12 to 14
15 to 16
16 to 18
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.