"People Moving People" - online moving and handling theory course - bespoke to special education
Last updated: 26/07/2023
We have partnered with the SEN sector for over 25 years, offering tailored training to your unique moving and handling requirements. Our solutions include Tutor Led Training, Train the Trainer and Refresher/Update Programmes, Video Conferencing Training, and Blended Solutions (online and face-to-face training).
We aim to ensure that staff are equipped with our very latest knowledge and skills to ensure their pupils are moved and handled in a manner that is safe, comfortable, and dignified manner.
Our training solutions include:
- Elearning £14.95 for an annual licence –Our online People Moving People (bespoke for the moving & handling of special pupils) theory course and educates its learners on the required knowledge on the topic of moving and handling. Many customers purchase this course to complement their internal training to staff (blended learning).
It is used by Schools Nationwide. Being an annual licence, it is great value for money as you can ask staff to take the initial full training and at any point in the 12 months you can ask them to retake the assessment only option (re-certifying them for another 12 months), this ensures that staff have retained the initial information learned and is great for compliance and due diligence recording.
Please click here for a demo of the course – People Moving People
- Video conferencing skills training -delivering bespoke training depending on your requirements, including, basic moving and handling techniques, hoist training, and transferring of pupils (toilet, bed, etc). A very cost-effective way to train your staff with minimal training downtime
- Train the Trainer – People Moving People – sector-specific training delivered to your internal trainers, providing them with the skills, knowledge, and techniques to allow them to cascade the learned training onto other members of staff. This course is accredited and includes the provision of the QNUK Level 3 Award for Moving and Handling Trainers (Health & Social Care) which is on the regulated qualifications framework
- Train the Trainer update/refresher training – your existing trainers are required to attend regular update courses (18/24 months) to reaffirm that they have retained and maintained the knowledge and skills originally learned and continue to remain compliant.
- Classroom-based specific training – our experienced trainers attend your venue to deliver training to your staff. The training will be designed in line with your specific needs
We offer a bespoke consultative approach, be it supporting you to bridge the gaps in your risk assessments, supporting you with conforming to Ofsted advisories, or just helping you to fulfil your due diligence expectations.
Who to contact
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £14.95 per year
- Our online People Moving People (moving & handling) theory course is used by Schools Nationwide. Being an annual licence, it is great value for money as you can ask staff to take the initial full training and at any point in the 12 months you can ask them to retake the assessment only option (re-certifying them for another 12 months), this ensures that staff have retained the initial information learned and is great for compliance and due diligence recording. £14.95 per annual licence.
- Age Ranges
- Other notes
We run internal training courses and Nationwide open courses bespoke to the SEN sector, including People Moving People Train the Trainer, basic moving & handling skills and equipment training via video conferencing, classroom tutor-led and online learning.
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- All requirements accepted
- Not applicable
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.