6 facts about Childline:
- we were started in 1986 by Esther Rantzen
- we help any young person in the UK
- you can talk to us in English or Welsh
- we can help with anything – from abuse and bullying to exam stress and relationships
- calling Childline is free and doesn’t show up on the phone bill
- in 2006 we joined the NSPCC to help even more young people
Our counsellors are trained staff and volunteers. All sorts of people become Childline counsellors.
They’re all different ages and come from lots of different backgrounds. But what they all have in common is that they want to help young people.
They're real people who want to support you with any issue you’re facing. They're trained but they don't follow a script. If you want to, you can ask them their name.
A Childline counsellor:
- will listen to you
- knows it takes courage to contact us
- is genuine, open and friendly
- knows about the problems young people can face
- won't judge you or put you down
- isn’t easily shocked
- will let you take your time.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 0800 1111
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.