InFocus - the vision impairment & complex needs charity
Last updated: 03/07/2023
InFocus offers a range of educational, care and support services to young adults with visual impairment and other complex needs (including PMLD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe learning disabilities, moderate learning needs, multi-sensory impairment, Cerebral Palsy, social and emotional needs).
Our services include:
- Day or residential placements for a 38 week academic year College (16 to 25). These can be full time or part time
- 38 week education placements plus 14 week additional residential support for an all year round package
- Supported internships and work experience placements
- Outreach support in mainstream and specialist schools, colleges and universities
Therapy, mobility and health
- Full therapy support to our students and young people covering speech and language, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and music therapy
- mobility and orientation support from our ROVI team
- Health care from our nurse and healthcare assistant team
All our specialists in therapy mobility and health are employed directly by the charity (not a bought-in service that you might find elsewhere). This means that they get to know all our young people and contribute to a truly holistic programme of support.
Adult care and support services
- Full time residential care in St David’s House
- Non-residential support for young adults living the community
- Onsite and offsite supported living services
- Residential respite and short breaks
Work placements and vocational support
- Work placements and work opportunities for students and young people in the InFocus community
- Work experience and work placements for young people in the wider community of Devon, including in our retail and horticulture enterprises
- Supported internships combining education, employability skills training and work experience as a stepping stone to paid or voluntary employment
Please contact Richard Ellis to start a conversation about a potential placement at InFocus.
Richard will be able to spend time answering your questions and seeing if InFocus could meet your young person's needs. He will also be able to explain our admissions and assessments process, discuss funding and arrange a visit to our campus.
Who to contact
Where to go
- EX2 6HA
- DBS check
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.