Befriending Service - Volunteer Centre West Berkshire
Befriending service for over 50’s, who may have a mild learning disability, depressive illness and physical disabilities including those who live alone and are/at risk of becoming socially isolated.
The aims of this service:
- Befriending and learning opportunities to those who are at risk of becoming socially isolated;
- Assist those in more remote areas to access transport opportunities;
- Refer to falls prevention services people who may be at risk of falling;
- Suggest voluntary or employment opportunities for older people where appropriate;
- Facilitate tools and IT to enable people to access activities in their own homes (i.e. exercise DVDs, IT);
- Signpost to enable people to live more independently
The service is available 7 days a week. It does not include personal care.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Garry Poulson/Jacqui Letsome
- 01635 49004
- Befriending service - Volunteer Centre West Berkshire
Where to go
Volunteer Centre, 1
- RG14 1AJ
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
To discuss referrals prior to sending them, please contact:
Jacqui Letsome, Befriend West Berkshire Project Co-ordinator, Volunteer Centre West Berkshire
T: 01635 49004 e: email@example.com
Individuals may refer themselves or be referred by a third party, such as a friend, family member, health professional, voluntary organisation or adult social care.