Advocacy services provided by seAp in West Berkshire
Advocacy in West Berkshire is available to you if you are an older person, a carer, a person with a disability or a mental health illness.
The service will help you to: access information and services, be involved in decisions, explore choices and options, defend and promote your rights, speak out about issues that matter to you and have your voice heard.
- Community Advocacy
- Self-Advocacy Group - It's My Life. A self-advocacy network which supports its members to gain confidence, learn new skills, speak up and campaign to make things better for people with learning disabilities living in West Berkshire. The group holds regular meetings, drop-in sessions and workshops.
- Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA) - do you want to complain about your NHS care or treatment? Visit the website for a 'self help information pack', an easy read NHS complaints leaflet along with a BSL Signed Video
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) - helping people who have been detained under the Mental Health Act
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) - When someone is considered not capable of making their own decisions, it is still important that their views and wishes are heard by those involved in their care and treatment.
- Learning Disability Advocacy - Advocacy means to speak up for someone. With the help of an advocate people with learning disabilites can gain control over their lives, make their own choices about what happens to them and be as independent as possible.
- Care Act Advocacy
Visit the website for the latest newsletter.
Above information available on the seAp website or call for further details.
Who to contact
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
Please visit the website for current versions of referral forms.
DoLS referrals have special criteria and a separate process. To contact the DoLS team, e-mail: mailto:email@example.com or telephone 01635 519056.
- Other notes
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here