Information and advice from Age UK
Last updated: 28/09/2023
We provide essential information and expert advice on a wide variety of topics of interest or concern to people aged 50 or older in Berkshire, their family, friends or carers.
All of our information and advice services are free of charge, Independent and Confidential.
If the person seeking advice or needing help lives outside of Berkshire: find your local Age UK
How to access the service
- Make an enquiry via our Online Form - we'll get back to you within 2 working days
- Come and see us in our offices in Reading, between 9:30am and 1:30pm Monday to Thursday. Ensure you're not kept waiting by making an appointment first using our Online Form
- Call us on 0118 959 4242
- Email us at any time email@example.com and we will get back to you within one working week
If you are struggling to reach us, you may find the Age UK national Information & Advice Line are able to help you - call 0800 169 6565.
Topics we cover:
Our advisers are trained to help you on the following topics.
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it's funded.
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adapatations and how to prevent falls.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age UK Berkshire
Broad Street Mall
- RG1 7QE
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- DBS check
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.