Carers Rights Day 21st November 2019 - event at Newbury College
Each year Carers Rights Day brings organisations across the UK together to help carers in their local community know their rights and find out how to get the help and support they are entitled to.
As part of their support for Carers Rights Day, Reading and West Berkshire Carers Hub and West Berkshire Council will be hosting a free drop in event with guest speakers and information stands. The events for the day are as follows (also available as a downloadable poster):
10:30 -11:30 Time Finders
- Are you worried about the future?
- Thinking of moving somewhere more manageable
- Caring at a distance?
- Need an Independent advocate?
11:30 11:45 Care UK
- Dementia café
- Dementia cinema
- Combating loneliness
- Dementia Friendly
11:45 – 12:00 Miracle Workers
- Live in care, long term and short term
12:00 – 12:15 West Berkshire Young Carers
- Help and advice for young carers in West Berkshire
- Making sure you get regular breaks to spend time with friends
- Supporting you and making sure you've got someone to talk to
12:15 – 12:30 West Berkshire Carer Parent Forum
- WBCPF aims to support parent carers to participate and have a voice in how services for disabled and special needs children are shaped and delivered locally
12:30 – 13:15 Newbury College
- Carers Service – CV and interview tips
- Opportunities for learning and distant learning
- Mental health learning
- Specialist learning in West Berkshire, full and part time
- Hair and beauty
Who to contact
Where to go
- Newbury College
- RG14 7TD
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 21st November 2019 10am to 3pm
- Time of day
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.