Berkshire Women's Aid
Staff on the helpline can give you information on housing, legal, financial, council and other services related to domestic abuse. They can also arrange somewhere safe to stay if you are frightened to remain at home.
BWA helpline advice is:
- Confidential – all conversations are held in confidence between BWA and the caller.
- Friendly – there is no pressure, we are here to listen in the first instance.
- Non-judgemental – victims of abuse can be made to feel guilty, to believe that it is their own fault. This is never true, but it is part of the pattern of abuse. BWA staff do not judge – we are hear to provide support and advice.
- Open to all – anyone can get advice from our helpline, and if you need specialist advice we have sources we can make available. We can advise friends and relatives who are worried about someone as well as victims of abuse themselves.
Who to contact
- 0118 950 4003 9.00am-5.0pm weekdays or outside of these times in an emergency
- Berkshire Women's Aid