The Watermill Theatre: Accessible Performances and Participation
The Watermill Theatre welcome you to Accessible Performances, especially designed for guests with additional needs and their companions.
Guests with additional needs are always welcome at The Watermill, to any performance, and if there is anything staff can do to make your visit more enjoyable, please get in touch.
The programme of participation activities for young people and adults with additional needs is expanding, get in touch to find out more or to share your ideas.
- Fourth Wall: project for adults with Learning Disabilities to explore a play before coming to see the production
- Ad Lib: weekly group for young people with autism, aged 9 to 16, their siblings, their friends and their friends-to-be
- Scene Change: monthly workshop for adults recovering from mental health concerns
- Duologue: project for adults and young people connected to the Deaf community
For many of us, trying something new, with new people, in a new place, can be daunting. Our familiarisation visits are a chance to meet Lixi, the group facilitator, and have a short tour of the theatre and facilities with her. If you would like to book a visit, please contact Lixi on 01635 570918 or email email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Watermill Theatre
- RG20 8AE
Drama workshops, holiday courses and projects for adults, young people and children throughout the year. Mainstream groups with support and specialist SEN provision available.
Accessible performances include BSL interpreted, Audio Described and Relaxed performances.
In-house staff training includes: BSL Level 3, Makaton, Dementia Friends, Sighted Guiding, Mental Health First Aid
- Contact Name
- Lixi Chivas
- Contact Telephone
- 01635 570918
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- Specific Literacy Difficulties, Speech & Language Difficulties, Behavioural, Emotional & Social Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Physical Disability, Hearing Impairment, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Visual Impairment
- Local Offer Age Bands
0 to 1
1 to 4
5 to 7
7 to 11
12 to 14
15 to 16
16 to 18
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.