Boogie Mites School Ready music-making course
Help your child get ready for big school with interactive, engaging songs!
Our 6 week course gives families the knowledge & resources to support their child's development using music.
We've worked with many preschools & nurseries and had great feedback on the positive impact this course has had.
Children love the catchy engaging songs and themes, while in the background we're helping to develop those key early literacy skills.
The course embraces the Letters & Sounds Phase 1 framework - a systematic approach for teaching children to read using phonics.
We also focus on the social and emotional aspects of preparing for starting school.
The 6-week course costs £30, and includes:
- A weekly 40-minute interactive music-making session for you & your child, led by Lizzie, an experienced music leader
- Limited to 10 families per session, delivered via a secure Zoom online meeting room
- Downloadable School Ready Parent Pack, including all 18 songs from the programme (worth £8 alone) plus a booklet with practical tips for using the songs
- Weekly 5-10 minute follow-up video for grown-ups, with ideas for how to use the songs at home with your child, and information about how each song supports your child's development
- Weekly email summarising the key points from that week's session
You'll come away with a musical toolbox to help you support your child's development, ready for starting school in September.
And don't forget, you'll have the songs & notes for the programme to use & enjoy with your child beyond September, to help them throughout their Reception year!
To book your place, email email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
These sessions will be delivered via a secure Zoom room - all participants will be sent the details once they've registered & paid.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- First course starts Thursday 7 May
- Time of day
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £30.00 Registration fee
- This includes your own digital Parent Pack to support the course, worth £8 on it's own.
It contains all 18 songs from the programme, plus videos to play along with and loads of practical ideas and activities for you to use with your child to support their learning.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The course is limited to 10 families - and to help support those where finances are a barrier, I'm keeping 2 of these 10 available to offer free of charge for families referred by a support worker (e.g. via West Berkshire Council, HomeStart West Berkshire or similar).
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.