Popular tours up Ashdown House's staircase to the roof take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1 April 2015. In the meantime, why not enjoy a stroll in the woodlands. They're open every day except Fridays from dawn to dusk.
- Free parking 200 metres from house
- Display of information and artefacts in visitor reception
- Guide books and postcards available to buy plus free walk and tree trail maps
- Group tours available but please book in advance on 01793 762209 (9-5 Mon - Fri)
- Dogs welcome on leads in woodland
Who to contact
Where to go
- RG17 8RE
- Mobility parking next to the house is available and can be booked in advance. Tel 01793 762209 (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Adapted toilet
- Induction loop in reception and portable one for guided tours
- Grounds accessible via tarmac, loose gravel and flat grassy paths
- House not accessible to all as it has 100 stairs
■Group adult: £3.40
- Age Ranges
- Other notes
Access to the house is by guided tour only at 2.15, 3.15 and 4.15, for up to 25 people at a time. House is tenanted and access is limited to hall, staircase (100 steps ) and roof.
The grounds can be visited when the house is open and the woodland open all year round, Sunday to Thursday.