Popular tours up Ashdown House's staircase to the roof take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1 April 2015. In the meantime, why not enjoy a stroll in the woodlands. They're open every day except Fridays from dawn to dusk.
- Free parking 200 metres from house
- Display of information and artefacts in visitor reception
- Guide books and postcards available to buy plus free walk and tree trail maps
- Group tours available but please book in advance on 01793 762209 (9-5 Mon - Fri)
- Dogs welcome on leads in woodland
Who to contact
Where to go
- RG17 8RE
- Mobility parking next to the house is available and can be booked in advance. Tel 01793 762209 (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Adapted toilet
- Induction loop in reception and portable one for guided tours
- Grounds accessible via tarmac, loose gravel and flat grassy paths
- House not accessible to all as it has 100 stairs
■Group adult: £3.40
- Age Ranges
- Other notes
Access to the house is by guided tour only at 2.15, 3.15 and 4.15, for up to 25 people at a time. House is tenanted and access is limited to hall, staircase (100 steps ) and roof.
The grounds can be visited when the house is open and the woodland open all year round, Sunday to Thursday.
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here