Priority Services Register - Thames Water
If things ever do go wrong with your water or waste water services, Thames Water can offer extra help and support if you need it. By signing up to the free priority services register, Thames Water can tailor their services to you and prioritise how to support you if your water stops, as well as day to day conversations with you.
You can sign up the register if you or a family member:
- are eligible for a pension
- have restricted mobility or a physical disability
- have a chronic or serious illness
- need a consistent supply of water for a medical condition or equipment (such as dialysis or skin conditions)
- in need of foreign language or further communication support (such as dyslexia)
- have problems making decisions that affect your daily life (such as dementia)
- are registered blind or partially sighted
- are deaf or hard of hearing
- are living with a mental health condition
- are experiencing temporary life changes
- are a family with young children under 5
Join the priority services register by calling or emailing.
Who to contact
- 0800 009 3652 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Where to go
- Head Office - Thames Water Utilities Limited
- RG1 8DB
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.