Dementia Carer handbook
This “Dementia handbook for carers” aims to answer all the questions you may have if your family member has Dementia or the symptoms of it.
These might include:
• what can we expect in the future?
• do we need to adapt our home or even move?
• what’s the right way to support people when their memory is failing or their behaviour changes?
• what if they have to go into hospital?
• do we need to make any written decisions
• who can we turn to for support and advice?
As well as answering questions like these, the handbook also provides information about the services that are available to you in the West of Berkshire.
There are sections on day-to-day living, support, legal and money matters, an A–Z of symptoms and behaviours and a section on record keeping and updating relevant care documents.
Hard copies of the handbook can be found in Memory Clinics in Newbury (Beechcroft, London Road, Benham Hill, Thatcham RG18 3HR Tel 01635 292070), Reading (Hazelwood Day Unit, Prospect Park Hospital, Honey End Lane, Reading RG30 4EJ Tel 01189 605959), Wokingham (Barkham Day Hospital, Wokingham Hospital, 41 Barkham Road, Wokingham RG41 2RE Tel 01189 495101).
Where to go
- Beechcroft, Hillcroft House
- RG18 3HR
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.