How to complain about a care home or care in your home - Local Government Ombudsman
The LGO can look at complaints about:
- care provided by a council
- care arranged directly with a care provider by:
- someone paying with their own or family money
- someone using money provided by a council, via direct payment for example
If you have a complaint, the first step is to complain to the Council or care provider.
Difference between the Ombudsman and the Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission is the independent health and adult social care regulator. We have different roles.
The LGO ook at:
- individual complaints when something has gone wrong
- Monitors, inspects and regulates health and care services to ensure they meet standards of quality and safety.
Who to contact
0300 061 0614 Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm
•Text ‘call back’ to 0762 481 1595
- LGO Complaints about adult social care
Where to go
- PO Box 4771
- CV4 0EH
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.