Community Transport - leaflet containing full listing
Community Minibus Schemes (Handybus)
Community minibus operators arrange trips to support local communities. The schemes are mainly focused on helping older people and people with mobility impairments, but they can be booked by other groups or organisations. The services are provided by charitable organisations across West Berkshire . The groups require a small donation to assist in the operation of their schemes, but should agree this up front at the time of booking.
When you would use a Minibus Scheme
Usually, these are intended for organised trips along with other people. For example:
- A trip to see a show or an event with others
- A group trip to shopping locations
- Sight-seeing trips or "days out"
- Meeting new people and joining in
- Going support or therapy groups at the same time as others
Occasionally, individual bookings are taken, but it is subject to availability.
Find a scheme near you using our Community Car Schemes leaflet