Free 1:1 sport and exercise support for adults with serious Mental Ill Health from Sport in Mind
Last updated: 01/12/2022
Sport in Mind, the charity that uses sport and physical activity to improve the lives of people experiencing mental health problems.
Sport in Mind are delighted to share that we now have three dedicated members of staff called Community Activators working with people experiencing Serious Mental Health Illnesses (SMI) to help them engage in physical activity interventions and health checks. This is an NHS funded programme available to people living in West Berkshire.
The programme primarily offers free one-to-one support for individuals aged 17+ diagnosed with Serious Mental Illnesses including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and psychosis. However, we can also support anyone experiencing a mental health problem; using sport and physical activity as a tool to reduce isolation and loneliness, as well as building routine, confidence and independence.
- Help reduce loneliness and isolation by using sport and physical activity as a tool to empower people out of their homes
- Signpost and support people to attend an NHS SMI Physical Health Check
- Support people to get active: on a one-to-one basis (walking, playing sport, exercising in a pre-agreed public setting) in a small, supported group environment, and at regular Sport in Mind sessions by helping them transition back in to mainstream physical activity provision
- Signpost and support people to attend alcohol or smoking cessation groups
- Signpost and support people to attend weight management groups
- Signpost and support people to attend appointments:
- Health-Related, e.g. Physical Health Check
- Training & Education
- Raise awareness about the benefits of healthy eating and staying hydrated through our innovative Sport in Mind journal products
Who to contact
- 0118 947 9762
- Sport in mind - drop in activities for people experiencing mental health problems
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE per session
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
If you would like to join any of the activities the Participant form can be completed here - Participant Sign Up Form or at the first sessions.
- DBS check
West Berkshire Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer.