- Look after children in their own homes,
- Required to register with Ofsted
- Can look after 6 children under the age of 8 years, 3 of which can be under 5 and 1 of which can be under 1 at any one time (permission can be granted for twins) for more than two hours a day.
- Are required to have a Disclosure and Baring Service check(formally CRB) for every person over 16 years of age living, or staying in their home.
- Inspected by Ofsted to ensure that they provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children they care for.
- Required to follow the EYFS for all children from birth to the term following their 5th Birthday
- If inspection outcome is outstanding or good can access free early years funding for 2 year olds and also for 3 and 4 year olds
- You may be entitled to help with childcare costs through the Inland Revenue Tax Credits