An Out of School Club:
- Provides out of school care for school aged children
- They are required to register with Ofsted if they provide care for children under 8 years of age, for more than two hours per day and more than 6 days per year.
- They can be registered under the school's registration and running on the school site.
- They can be privately run in community centres or village halls.
- These include Breakfast Clubs, After school Clubs and Holiday Clubs.
- Some Day Nurseries provide Out of School care.
- You may be entitled to help with childcare costs through the Inland Revenue Tax Credits
- You can open a Tax Free Childcare account to save on the cost of childcare for children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled), look here on the Childcare Choices website for further information about this.