- Is an early years setting where young children under statutory school age have the opportunity to learn through activities, play and social interaction.
- Offers short sessional care on a term time only basis.
- Some provide wrap around care or extended hours for a longer day at an additional charge.
- Care for children aged from 2 to 5 years old.
- Must be registered with Ofsted
- Inspected by Ofsted to ensure they provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children they care for.
- Access the free entitlement funding for 2,3 & 4 year olds.
- Are required to follow the Early Years Foundation Stage
- You may be entitled to help with childcare costs through the Inland Revenue Tax Credits