Looking for care homes, supported living or extra care housing?

Is a care home, extra care or supported living right for you?

Housing is often a matter of personal choice with individuals having different needs.  If it's difficult to manage living at home, there are ways you can get help.  There are lots of possibilities to explore here and many places you can get advice and more information from.

For some people, supported housing or extra care housing can be good choices that can help them stay as independent as possible.  Alternatively, West Berkshire Council’s ‘Shared Lives’ scheme may be suitable helping you to live independently in the community whilst being supported by a shared lives carer. Helpful information can be found on their webpage.

If you need a little more support to cope at home supported living accommodation may be the best option for you. 

To give you an idea of the types of property that become available from Sovereign Housing, look at the attached 'DOWNLOADS' document called 'Photographs of typical properties which become available'.

View the vacancies available from the downloads listing on this page.

What do I do if I am interested and want to know more?

If you would like to see if supported living is right for you, West Berkshire Council’s Adult Locality teams will need to carry out an assessment of your needs to see if you are eligible. Contact Adult Social Care on 01635 503050 or use our online Adult Social Care Enquiry form to request information and advice for yourself, or on behalf of someone else.

Mental Health Supported Accommodation

For West Berkshire residents suffering Severe & Enduring Mental Health issues Sovereign Housing and Richmond Fellowship offer supported living accommodation.

Housing Options for Older People (HOOP)

People struggle to make the right housing choices in later life.  HOOP is an online tool which will help you identify the most important difficulties and offers suggestions for dealing with them.  You can also speak with an advisor.

Back to top of page